The Millington Arbela District Library seeks an individual to work the circulation desk. This part-time position (approximately 20 hours) includes heavy interaction with the public, moderate use of technology, organizing and filing, physical mobility, and other miscellaneous tasks. Position includes a set schedule with evenings and some Saturdays.
An overview of the job duties include:
- Greet all patrons in a friendly and courteous manner in order to facilitate a welcoming environment in the library.
- Basic assistance and instruction of computers and equipment with the public.
- Assist patrons with finding information through the library catalog, databases, and the Internet.
- Contact patrons about overdue and reserved items.
- Opening and closing of library responsibilities.
- Set up for special programs, including moving furniture, decorating as required, attending to specific program needs.
- Standing, sitting, kneeling, stooping, carrying books, and/or pushing a book cart is required.
- Other duties not listed may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Minimum requirements include:
- Good to excellent oral communication skills.
- Availability to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Beginner to intermediate computer skills.
- Bending, reaching, flexing and lifting.
Deadline to apply:
Monday, July 23, 2018 by 6:00 p.m.
Apply for this position by sending resume, three professional references and cover letter(telling us why you would be an ideal candidate) to:
Millington Arbela District Library
Attn: Library Director
P.O. Box 306
Millington, Michigan 48746
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No computer? No worries! Stop by and use one of our 6 public access computers.