Position: Substitute Library Clerk
Hours: Vary. (Days, evenings, some Saturdays)
An overview of the job duties are as follows:
- Greet all patrons in a friendly and courteous manner
- Help facilitate a welcoming environment in the library
- Check items in and out of library
- Assist patrons with creating new library cards, update and verify patron information as needed
- Assist patrons with finding information through the library catalog, databases, and the Internet
- Contact patrons about overdue and reserved items
- Ability to operate library equipment including but not limited to computers, fax machine, cash register, printers, and copier
- Set up for special programs, including moving furniture, decorating as required, attending to specific program needs
- Standing, sitting, kneeling, stooping, carrying books, and/or pushing a book cart is required
- Other duties not listed may be assigned on an as needed basis
Successful candidates will be considered for regular scheduling.
Deadline to apply:
Friday, October 20, 2017 by 6:00 p.m.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to:
Millington Arbela District Library
Attn: Library Director
P.O. Box 306
Millington, Michigan 48746
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No computer? No worries! Stop by and use one of our 6 public access computers.