Many films were inspired by literature, but how often do the screenwriters and studios stay faithful to the original work? If you enjoy reading and watching movies, this club is for you! We will meet to watch a movie together and then discuss the transition and interpretation of literature on the silver screen.
About a month before each meeting, we’ll have multiple copies of the book available for check out at the front desk.
The movie will start at 6:00 p.m. with discussion to follow. Popcorn will be served. You’re welcome to bring your own drinks along.
2018 & 2019 Book & Film Schedule
October 8 – Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
November 12 – Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
December 10 – Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
January 14 – Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
February 11 – The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
March 11 – The Color Purple by Alice Walker
Check out our new catalog interface created just for kids:
Tomorrow is the day – Join us at the library to make guitar picks and guitar pick necklaces while enjoying pizza from 2 – 3 pm.
This event is for those entering 7th – 12th grade.
The Millington Arbela District Library seeks an individual to work the circulation desk. This part-time position (approximately 20 hours) includes heavy interaction with the public, moderate use of technology, organizing and filing, physical mobility, and other miscellaneous tasks. Position includes a set schedule with evenings and some Saturdays.
An overview of the job duties include:
- Greet all patrons in a friendly and courteous manner in order to facilitate a welcoming environment in the library.
- Basic assistance and instruction of computers and equipment with the public.
- Assist patrons with finding information through the library catalog, databases, and the Internet.
- Contact patrons about overdue and reserved items.
- Opening and closing of library responsibilities.
- Set up for special programs, including moving furniture, decorating as required, attending to specific program needs.
- Standing, sitting, kneeling, stooping, carrying books, and/or pushing a book cart is required.
- Other duties not listed may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Minimum requirements include:
- Good to excellent oral communication skills.
- Availability to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Beginner to intermediate computer skills.
- Bending, reaching, flexing and lifting.
Deadline to apply:
Monday, July 23, 2018 by 6:00 p.m.
Apply for this position by sending resume, three professional references and cover letter(telling us why you would be an ideal candidate) to:
Millington Arbela District Library
Attn: Library Director
P.O. Box 306
Millington, Michigan 48746
Or email to: email@example.com
No computer? No worries! Stop by and use one of our 6 public access computers.