On Tuesday, October 24, 2017, a group of 4th Year Electrical Apprentices from the National Joint Apprentice Training Committee did volunteer retrofit work on Millington Arbela District Library to convert the building’s fixtures from florescent to LED.
IBEW Local 948 of Flint and IBEW Local 557 of Saginaw teamed with the National Electrical Contractors Association and donated all of the materials needed for the project.
The project was organized by member, Robert McReynolds, of Millington, and Business Manager, John Bond Jr. Work was supervised by Training Director Rick Mason and Instructor Ron Lord.
On behalf of the Millington Arbela District Library staff and board, a huge thank you goes out to everyone involved in this project.
For apprenticeship inquiries, please contact Flint/Saginaw Electrical JATL at (810) 720-0583
Position: Substitute Library Clerk
Hours: Vary. (Days, evenings, some Saturdays)
An overview of the job duties are as follows:
- Greet all patrons in a friendly and courteous manner
- Help facilitate a welcoming environment in the library
- Check items in and out of library
- Assist patrons with creating new library cards, update and verify patron information as needed
- Assist patrons with finding information through the library catalog, databases, and the Internet
- Contact patrons about overdue and reserved items
- Ability to operate library equipment including but not limited to computers, fax machine, cash register, printers, and copier
- Set up for special programs, including moving furniture, decorating as required, attending to specific program needs
- Standing, sitting, kneeling, stooping, carrying books, and/or pushing a book cart is required
- Other duties not listed may be assigned on an as needed basis
Successful candidates will be considered for regular scheduling.
Deadline to apply:
Friday, October 20, 2017 by 6:00 p.m.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to:
Millington Arbela District Library
Attn: Library Director
P.O. Box 306
Millington, Michigan 48746
Or email to: email@example.com
No computer? No worries! Stop by and use one of our 6 public access computers.
Now that summer is winding down (sorry!), we’re bringing back Color Cafe.
Join us on Tuesdays beginning September 19 for evenings of coloring and relaxation — a great addition to your weekly routine.
We’ll set out all of the supplies around 6:00 p.m. Just bring yourself and maybe a mug of tea to sip while you color.
If a group environment isn’t your jam, you’re welcome to migrate throughout the library to find your quiet spot.